Environment, Health and Safety Policies
Environmental protection, health, and safety are considered to be both corporate and personal responsibilities for Pacific Northern Gas Ltd. (PNG) and all their employees.
Further to these principles, PNG will:
- Policies and Procedures: Develop and maintain corporate policies and procedures that promote health, safety and environmental protection.
- Employee Training: Provide training to support employee responsibilities with respect to environment, health and safety.
- Communication: Maintain regular communications with employees, government agencies and the public on environment, health, and safety concerns and issues.
- Responsibility: Design, construct, operate, and decommission facilities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Mitigation: Minimize and mitigate adverse effects of operations and construction on the environment and local communities.
- Monitoring: Conduct environment, health, and safety monitoring to identify possible adverse effects and ensure regulatory compliance of company activities.
- Efficiency: Use energy and resources efficiently and effectively.
- Waste Management: Manage wastes in a safe and efficient manner and reduce, recycle and re-use materials where feasible.
- Emergency Response: Prepare for, and respond to, emergencies in a timely and effective manner and remedy any environmental damage resulting from company activities.
- Reporting: Provide timely reports to government, employees, and other interested parties on environment, health, and safety performance issues.
- Compliance: Comply with, or exceed, applicable environment, health and safety laws and regulations, as well as appropriate corporate and industry standards, policies, and procedures.
- Regulatory Consultation: Consult with government agencies to provide input into environment, health and safety legislation and policy.
- Research: Support scientific investigation and technological innovation to enhance health, safety and environmental protection within the industry within which PNG operates.