Environmental protection, health, and safety are considered to be both corporate and personal responsibilities for Pacific Northern Gas Ltd. (PNG) and all their employees.
Further to these principles, PNG will:
- Policies and Procedures: Develop and maintain corporate policies and procedures that promote health, safety and environmental protection.
- Employee Training: Provide training to support employee responsibilities with respect to environment, health and safety.
- Communication: Maintain regular communications with employees, government agencies and the public on environment, health, and safety concerns and issues.
- Responsibility: Design, construct, operate, and decommission facilities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Mitigation: Minimize and mitigate adverse effects of operations and construction on the environment and local communities.
- Monitoring: Conduct environment, health, and safety monitoring to identify possible adverse effects and ensure regulatory compliance of company activities.
- Efficiency: Use energy and resources efficiently and effectively.
- Waste Management: Manage wastes in a safe and efficient manner and reduce, recycle and re-use materials where feasible.
- Emergency Response: Prepare for, and respond to, emergencies in a timely and effective manner and remedy any environmental damage resulting from company activities.
- Reporting: Provide timely reports to government, employees, and other interested parties on environment, health, and safety performance issues.
- Compliance: Comply with, or exceed, applicable environment, health and safety laws and regulations, as well as appropriate corporate and industry standards, policies, and procedures.
- Regulatory Consultation: Consult with government agencies to provide input into environment, health and safety legislation and policy.
- Research: Support scientific investigation and technological innovation to enhance health, safety and environmental protection within the industry within which PNG operates.