Commercial Efficient Water Heater Replacement Program
PNG is now offering incentives of up to $2,000 to its business and institutional customers who purchase and install qualifying high efficiency natural gas-fired water heaters to replace their existing water heaters.
How to Qualify
To qualify for this program, you need to meet a few simple conditions:
- You must be a PNG commercial rate class natural gas customer.
- You must be a property owner or long-term lease holder of an existing commercial building.
- You must use the water heater for domestic (potable) water heating.
- You must purchase and install an Eligible Commercial Water Heater.
- You must submit an application to PNG for approval prior to the purchase and installation.
* You can find a complete list of requirements in the program’s terms and conditions.
How to Apply
- Review the program’s terms and conditions (available here).
- Download and save a copy of the application form (available here).
- Email a copy of the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the purchase and installation of the equipment.
- Once you have received a letter from PNG stating that PNG has approved the application, you may purchase and install the hot water heater.
- You must purchase and install the hot water heater and submit your Completion Documents all within six (6) months after receiving approval from PNG.
- Ensure the equipment you plan to buy is eligible for a rebate from PNG. Please refer to PNG’s Eligible Commercial Water Heater list. If you have any questions, please contact us before you purchase and install the equipment.
- Contact a gas or mechanical contractor, licensed with Technical Safety BC, to install your hot water heater(s). You can find one through Technical Safety BC’s website.
- Email your Completion Documents to email@example.com within six (6) months after receiving approval from PNG. Your contractor may be able to help you in completing the application form. Be sure to provide copies of:
- The Completion Documentation Submission Form (available here).
- The Gas Notification of Completion, Installation or Alteration form from your municipality or the Technical Safety BC website.
- The fully paid invoice including make, model number and serial number of the Eligible Water Heater(s) purchased and installed.
Completion documents including the proof of purchase and installation must be received no later than six (6) months after receiving approval from PNG. Please send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or answers to your questions call us toll free at 1-800-667-2297 or email us at email@example.com
Note: If you cannot forward your application documents via email please contact PNG at the phone number above to arrange an alternate method of delivery.