Our income qualified furnace replacement program offers up to $5,000 up front to Income Qualified Customers who purchase and install a high efficiency ENERGY STAR® natural gas or propane furnace or boiler to replace their existing furnace or boiler.
THIS PROGRAM IS EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1st, 2023, AND ENDS ON THE EARLIER OF DECEMBER 31, 2024, OR WHEN FUNDING HAS BEEN FULLY ALLOCATED.
How to Qualify
To qualify for this program, you need to meet a few simple conditions:
|You must be a PNG residential natural gas or propane customer.
You own or rent a detached home, townhome, duplex or mobile home.
You meet the income qualifications found here. Total household income includes the combined income of all members of the household over the age of 18.
|or||You must be a PNG natural gas customer who owns or operates a registered charity that provides assistance to low-income persons, or a housing provider that is a:
|You must be a property owner or long-term lease holder|
|You must be replacing an operational non-condensing natural gas or propane fired furnace or boiler with an annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) of 70% or less.|
|You must purchase and install a high efficiency furnace or boiler having a thermal efficiency of 95% or greater. The furnace or boiler must be ENERGY STAR® certified.|
|The completed application, including the proof of purchase and installation must be received within six (6) months of the installation date.|
|Emergency replacements of furnaces/boilers are NOT eligible for rebates.|
* You can find a complete list of requirements in the program’s terms and conditions.
How to Apply
- Review the program’s terms and conditions (available here).
- Download and save a copy of the application form (available here).
- Contact a PNG Preferred Contractor, or HPCN member.
- Submit the Application for Pre-Approval to ResidentialRebates@png.ca. You will need to include:
- A quote from your contractor. Ensure the furnace or boiler you plan to install is ENERGY STAR® certified.
- Verification of household income.
Once you receive an email with notification to proceed from PNG:
- Have your qualified contractor install the furnace or boiler within 3 months of this notification.
- Pay the contractor’s invoice. The contractor’s invoice will be reduced by the rebate amount. The rebate will be paid directly to the contractor.
- Sign the Participant Declaration on the Application for Rebate
The contractor will submit the signed Application for Rebate to ResidentialRebates@png.ca. They will need to include:
- The fully paid invoice including make, model number and serial number of the furnace or boiler purchased and installed.
- The Gas Notification of Completion, Installation or Alteration form from your municipality or the Technical Safety BC.
- A photograph of the furnace installed, clearly showing the two-pipe direct vent system.
- A copy of the Furnace Commissioning Sheet.
* You can find application details in the program’s terms and conditions
The completed application, including the proof of purchase and installation must be received within six (6) months of the installation date.
Please send completed applications to: email@example.com
Note: If you cannot forward your application documents via email, please contact us at the phone number above to arrange an alternate method of delivery.