Social Media Community Guidelines
Pacific Northern Gas Ltd.’s social media accounts provide the community with the latest updates on energy conservation, money saving and safety tips; residential and commercial customer programs; job opportunities; information on proposed projects; and company news.
Our social media channels also create an environment where members of our community can engage safely in debate, and are free to make comments, questions and suggestions. Here are our guidelines to help make sure our platforms are a positive, welcome environment for all:
We encourage the community to ask questions, provide feedback and engage in conversation. We understand you may have opinions or concerns you wish to express. While doing so, please keep your comments polite, respectful and considerate.
We reserve the right to delete or hide any comments that we deem to:
- Promote discrimination based on race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, ability, or age
- Contain name calling, insults, threats or harassment of other users, organizations or employees
- Contain language or content that is profane, graphic, obscene, or vulgar
- Be abusive, threatening or intimidating; reference violence; or promote illegal activity
- Be defamatory to any person or organization
Contain spam, misinformation, disinformation or unsubstantiated allegations
- Be off-topic, irrelevant or unintelligible
- Contain any advertising or promote any services
- Breach any of the terms of any of the social media platforms themselves.
Users that continually ignore or disregard these guidelines may be warned or banned from our platforms.
Consider your Privacy
PNG takes your privacy seriously. Please do not share any private information on PNG’s public feed, including contact information, account number or any other personal details. PNG will not ask you to share this type of information on our social media platforms. If resolving your inquiry requires this type of information, we will ask you to contact our Customer Care Centre.
Please also remember that once you comment on a public feed, your comments can turn up in search engines, even years later. Take care to not say anything you would not want others to know.
You are Responsible for your Comments
Any comments or opinions shared by users are their own. The views expressed by members of the public on PNG’s social media accounts do not represent the views of PNG, its management or employees and PNG does not endorse, or approve those views.