August 18, 2023
In order to ensure the continued safety and reliability of our system, Pacific Northern Gas Ltd. (PNG) is conducting construction work along our Powerline Creek crossing, located adjacent to Highway 37 South, approximately 6 km north of Kitimat.
You may see PNG contractors conducting construction work in this area. What to expect:
- No impacts to highway traffic
- Restricted access in both the north and south approaches to, and through, the construction area including to the adjacent dirt road being used and controlled by the project
- Work could take place 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Equipment parked off the side of Highway 37 South and PNG contractors operating mobile equipment
- Increased vehicle traffic turning on and off Highway 37 South on both the north and south ends of the project site; related turnouts are clearly marked
- Operation of mobile industrial equipment
- Open excavations
PNG’s top priority is the safety of the communities in which we operate, our customers, our people and the environment. For public safety, as well as the safety of our contractors and employees, foot, vehicle and recreational-use vehicles are not permitted in the construction area.
We request that nearby residents and public area users use caution and stay clear of the construction zone until the project is completed. We expect that work will be completed by September 22, at which time the public will be notified.
If you have any questions, please contact PNG’s Customer Care Center:
Thank you for your cooperation as we conduct this important maintenance work.