Our dual-fuel space heating system program offers up to $15,000 to Non-Profit or Public Housing Providers who install an electric air source heat pump (ASHP) and integrate it with their existing natural gas or propane furnace or boiler.
Replacing your boiler? We offer incentives of up to $18,000 to customers who purchase and install a high efficiency ENERGY STAR® or AHRI certified natural gas boiler to replace their existing boiler. Check out our additional offer at https://png.ca/business/non-profit-boilers/.
What is dual-energy space heating?
A dual-fuel space heating system is one that combines a natural gas or propane furnace or boiler with an ASHP. During mild temperatures, the heat pump operates as the primary space heating device. When the outside temperature drops below a certain temperature, the heat pump shuts off and heating is provided by a gas furnace or boiler. These systems can improve efficiency and operability in very cold conditions, by taking advantage of the affordability and reliability of natural gas.
Using a dual-fuel space heating system ensures reliable heating even in the coldest of temperatures and provides cooling during the warm summer months. A dual-fuel space heating system offers significant natural gas savings and GHG reductions.
Interested in Renewable Natural Gas? Sign up for our Renewable Natural Gas Program and receive additional incentives. Find out how here.
THIS OFFER ENDS WHEN FUNDING HAS BEEN FULLY ALLOCATED.
How to Qualify
To qualify for this program, you need to meet a few simple conditions:
- You must be a PNG natural gas customer who owns or operates a registered charity that provides assistance to low-income persons, or a housing provider that is a:
- local government
- housing society registered under the Societies Act
- housing co-op registered under the Cooperative Association Act or
- governing body of an Indigenous band, provided the housing is primarily for low-income households
- You must be a property owner or long-term lease holder of an existing residential or commercial building.
* You can find a complete list of requirements in the program’s terms and conditions.
How to Apply
- Review the program’s terms and conditions (available here).
- Download and save a copy of the application form (available here).
- If you are installing a natural gas furnace or boiler along with the heat pump then follow the following steps:
- Ensure the furnace or boiler you plan to install is ENERGY STAR® or AHRI certified. If you have any questions, please contact us before you purchase and install the furnace.
- Contact a gas or mechanical contractor, licensed with Technical Safety BC, to install your furnace or boiler. You can find one through Technical Safety BC’s website.
- Have your qualified contractor install the furnace or boiler.
- Email a copy of the completed application and supporting documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contractor may be able to help you in completing the application form. Be sure to provide copies of:
- A completed Application Form (available here).
- The fully paid invoice including make, model number and serial number of the air source heat pump that has been installed, along with a detailed description of the materials and labour required to integrate it with the existing natural gas or propane furnace or boiler.
- If you have installed a natural gas or propane furnace or boiler along with the heat pump then please also provide:
- The Gas Notification of Completion, Installation or Alteration form from your municipality or the Technical Safety BC.
- The fully paid invoice including make, model number and serial number of the furnace or boiler purchased and installed.
The completed application, including the proof of purchase and installation must be received within six (6) months of the installation date.
Please send completed applications to:
Note: If you cannot forward your application documents via email, please contact us at the phone number above to arrange an alternate method of delivery.