Our residential dual-fuel ducted heat pump top up offers up to $2,500 in rebates to customers who have received a Dual-Fuel Ducted Heat Pump Rebate from CleanBC.
There is an additional incentive of $1,000 available to customers who replace their furnace with an ENERGY STAR® natural gas furnace and install a heat pump.
What is a dual-fueled heat pump?
A dual-fuel ducted heat pump combines a heat pump and a natural gas or propane furnace or boiler for back up heating, distributing heat and cooling through ductwork connected to vents in each room. During mild temperatures, the heat pump operates as the primary space heating device. When the outside temperature drops below a certain temperature, the heat pump shuts off and heating is provided by a natural gas or propane furnace.
Using a dual-fuel space heating system offers efficient and reliable heating even in the coldest of temperatures and provides cooling during the warm summer months. A dual-fuel space heating system offers significant natural gas savings and GHG reductions.
Interested in Renewable Natural Gas? Sign up for our Renewable Natural Gas Program and receive additional incentives. Find out how here.
THE PROGRAM IS EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1ST, 2023, AND ENDS WHEN FUNDING HAS BEEN FULLY ALLOCATED.
How to Qualify
Homeowners and renters that are PNG customers living in a detached home, townhome, duplex or mobile home are eligible to apply.
To qualify for this program, you need to meet a few simple conditions:
- You must be a PNG residential natural gas or residential propane customer.
- You must be a property owner or long-term lease holder
- You must have received a Dual-Fuel Ducted Heat Pump Rebate from CleanBC
- The completed application, including the proof of purchase and installation must be received within six (6) months of the installation date.
- In order to receive an additional incentive of up to $1,000, You must purchase and install a high efficiency furnace having a thermal efficiency of 95% or greater. The furnace must be ENERGY STAR® certified.
* You can find a complete list of requirements in the program’s terms and conditions
How to Apply
- Review the program’s terms and conditions (available here).
- Download and save a copy of the application form (available here).
- If you are installing a natural gas furnace or boiler along with the heat pump then follow the following steps:
- Ensure the furnace or boiler you plan to install is ENERGY STAR® or AHRI certified. If you have any questions, please contact us before you purchase and install the furnace.
- Contact a gas or mechanical contractor, licensed with Technical Safety BC and who is a member in good standing, of the Home Performance Contractor Network (HPCN) to install your furnace or boiler. You can find one through Technical Safety BC’s website.
- Have your qualified contractor install the furnace or boiler.
- Email a copy of the completed application and supporting documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contractor may be able to help you in completing the application form. Be sure to provide copies of:
- A completed Application Form (available here).
- A copy of the approved application for the CleanBC Dual- Fuel Ducted Heat Pump Rebate.
- If you have installed a natural gas or propane furnace or boiler along with the heat pump then please also provide:
- The Gas Notification of Completion, Installation or Alteration form from your municipality or the Technical Safety BC.
- The fully paid invoice including make, model number and serial number of the furnace or boiler purchased and installed.
The completed application, including the proof of purchase and installation must be received within six (6) months of the installation date.
For more information call us toll free at 1-800-667-2297 or email us at email@example.com
Please send completed applications to:
Note: If you cannot forward your application documents via email, please contact us at the phone number above to arrange an alternate method of delivery.